McCormick's Creek State Park is
for the public - please have respect for it. All visitors are
expected to observe the following rules, which are designed
to preserve a primitive landscape in its natural condition for
the use and enjoyment of the people.
- Do not injure or damage any structure, rock, tree, flower,
bird or wild animal within the Park. Do NOT gather limbs,
brush or trees (either dead or alive) for firewood! They MUST
be allowed to remain to rebuild the natural humus.
- Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns), BB gun,
air gun, CO2 gun, bow and
arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be
unloaded or un-locked and stored in a case or locked within
a vehicle except when participating in an activity authorized
by written permit.
- Dogs and cats must be kept on a leash no longer than six
feet and attended at all times.
- There shall be no vending or advertising without permission
of the Department of Natural Resources.
- Camping is permitted only in the campground. Youth groups
must be under adult supervision.
- Fires shall be built only in places provided.
- Please comply with the Carry In/Carry Out trash policy in
all day use areas. Overnight guests must put waste in receptacles
provided for that purpose.
- Motorists will observe speed limits as posted, and park
in designated areas.
- Swimming is limited to such places & times designated
by the department.
- Drinking water should be taken only from pumps, hydrants
or fountains provided for that purpose. This water is tested
regularly for purity.
- Report lost or found articles to the park office.
- All motorized vehicles must remain on paved roadway. Snowmobiles
- Bicycles must be used on roadways and are not allowed on
For a complete list of rules and regulations
inquire at the Park Office.